Sunday, April 14, 2019

Coral Harbor to Rose Island - A Guest Blog by Dr. Sally Levinson


Greetings from paradise! I exchanged thesis writing for sunbathing, and ambulance sirens for softly lapping waves.
Sunday morning we left Nassau and had a breezy but beautiful morning sail over to Rose Island. I got introduced to all the beautiful shades of turquoise of the ocean as we approached our anchorage- deep blue when it’s over 300 feet and the depth sounder doesn’t register, and a light aqua in by the soft sandy beach. Did I mention this is paradise? I jumped in as soon as we tied off the anchor and we spent our afternoon coral reef-hopping to go snorkeling. Along with the standard (or so I am told) tropical reef fish, we found a barracuda and four sea turtles, including one baby. Each turtle had one or two long skinny fish (remoras) lounging on top of their shells, almost like pets. I managed to take a selfie with one on the Go-Pro, which I was impressed with considering my lack of selfie skills. We capped off the day with a walk on the beach, a shower on the swim platform while the sun was still out, and dinner on deck. Sally over and out!



Hitching a free ride




No comments:

Post a Comment